Delhi University Computer Centre (DUCC) designs and administer India's biggest educational IT network feeding more than 15000 devices through wired network and more than 1.5 lakh users over Wi-Fi for Internet needs as on date through National Knowledge Network (NKN).
The number is increasing day by day as more and more people are getting engaged for Internet services. Currently North Campus is connected with 10 Gbps bandwidth to NKN and South Campus is connected with 1 Gbps bandwidth to NKN.
DUCC has been the epicenter of all network and application needs of the University since its inception. DUCC is managing the Delhi University's core IT infrastructure comprising of:
- Data Centre with more than 100 active devices including Servers, Core switches, Zonal switches, Routers, UTM devices, Storage etc.
- Wired equipment comprising of more than 400 network switches (and increasing)
- Wi-Fi equipment comprising of 100+ switches and 500 wireless access points
- Fibre optic cable network of 43 kilometres laid across both campuses
- Servers hosting different applications like College and Department website along with the University main website, DNS, Proxy, Email, Payment Gateway, License and Webcast server.
- Colocation servers for Examination, Administration, Finance, School of Open Learning, Library catalogue and Braille software etc.
Delhi University Computer Centre maintains the main website of the University and hosts websites of various Departments, Colleges and Centres of the University of Delhi and faculty profile web-pages.
Delhi University Computer Centre hosts various servers for providing various online services in the area of administration, admissions, examination, library, e-resources and email services and enabling research using campus agreements with state-of-the-art software providers.